Thursday, June 10, 2010

The One with a Running Life

        Life is an Adventure.
                         And God is good.


          This semester was a whirlwind.
       It passed so fast, yet so slow.

                             In that time, a lot happened.


        I worked 3 jobs the majority of the semester
            while trying to be a full time student.
     It was most definitely challenging.

Hawaii.
             However, God blessed me with a 2-week trip to Hawaii.
   It was the Sabbath I needed and kept forgetting to take.
          I went to Hawaii to visit a dear friend of mine.
                 We got to go on many adventures-
They involved::
        Hitchhiking.
        Running from wild boars.
        Walking around lost in the rain. Yes, LOST on an island ;)
        Biking through the jungles & beaches of Kauai.
        Paddle boarding.
        Snorkeling (makes me upset I’m not a mermaid).
        Doing the tourist thing (Pearl Harbor, Diamond Head, etc)
        Camping on the beach.
        Hiking.
        Getting sun burnt.
        And more.
                                     I must say, it was a blast!
                         And exactly what I needed.
  It was a time of renewal and finding myself in God again.

                And for this, I know Christ sent me to Hawaii.


Missions Conference (MC).
                  Every spring semester, Biola halts classes
    and has a 3-day conference put on completely by the students.
            This past year,
                      I had the privilege of being a coordinator.
This means another girl and I were
                          in charge of the interactions department.
        We had 14 girls in the department
                                    who did an outstanding job!!

A couple weeks after the conference,
        I turned in an application to be next year’s co-Director of MC.
             Only a day after an interview with the SMU president,
I received a call informing me I got the position.
    My co-director and I will be the leaders of the
                largest student-run missions conference
(about 4,000-6,000 attendees coming and going).
          I am honoured God selected me to be a tool used for His glory.
         I look forward to the challenges and miracles I will experience.
                               I will learn and grow as a leader

               but more importantly, as a follower of Christ.


New York City.
                  I am currently living in NYC for the summer.
    I am an intern with New Life Community Health Center in Queens.
                            The clinic is connected to a church.
                                   It is completely free to the beneficiaries.
                                      It is run by donators and volunteers.
Doctors, Dentists, Nurses, EMT’s, Social Workers, Secretaries, etc.
          It caters to mostly immigrants and
                                      those with no form of health insurance.
But we will take anybody that walks through the door.
                                  So far, I’m enjoying it here.
                 I’m quickly getting acquainted with the subway system.
The clinic wants me to have time to explore the city
                                                   so they give me 3 days off a week.
                         I’ve already been on some great adventures.
            The first 5 or so days I was here,
                                             I felt so dizzy and a little nauseous.
I eventually told one of my friends who is here from Biola
                          for a couple weeks and he had the same issue.
He had determined it was from the constant movement
                                  of the subways that live underneath us.
                                                          I think he is right.
Fortunately, I am getting used to it b/c I no longer feel dizzy :).
 
 I have so much more I want to say,
    but there is no more time right now.
    
 I’ll try to update this more often now that I’m interning in NYC.


1 comment:

  1. Girl. You're insane. But I guess rock stars are :)

    Gotta update us on what's up in NYC!

    ReplyDelete