Friday, January 28, 2011

The One with Spain.


Life moves fast.
     I’m currently on a plane back to California to begin my final semester at Biola.
           
Spain was a wonderful adventure.
                        I especially loved our side trip to Morocco!
Before leaving for this journey, my mom and I were talking and she said not to wear a cross necklace into Morocco.
I kinda laughed and just said I didn’t even own a cross necklace.
            I have no idea what prompted her to say this.
                        Fast forward.
Jenny and I were in the subway station on our way to the Madrid airport to catch our flight to Morocco, when my necklace randomly broke.
     It’s one of those long necklaces with a variety of random pieces.
What I didn’t realize was it had a cross hanging off the end.
Noticeably, the biggest part of the necklace.
                 With a simple swipe of my purse, the cross broke off.
         It wasn’t until I picked it up did I realize what just happened.
    I instantly remembered what my mom had told me a few days earlier.
                                                Crazy.
            I guess God was watching our backs. More than I realize I’m quite sure.

            I loved Morocco.
We just wandered around, met some crazy people and learned more about the culture.

Spain was random.
              During the days I wandered around Madrid while Jenny was at her internship.
     I saw most of the city. 
One early morning, I sat in the park (which reminded me of an English garden), reading Pride and Prejudice. It was a foggy morning with the sun shining.
            It was the perfect setting.
      I felt like I was in the story.

            I don’t speak Spanish.
It was pretty ridiculous trying to communicate with those who didn’t speak English.
                I think if I could watch my awkwardness, it would be pretty funny.

Jenny turned 21 while I was there.
            I loved being able to be there to help her celebrate.
 
Jenny is a pretty awesome friend; I’ve known her since I was 4.
                        I’m glad I was able to visit her in Spain.
Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment