Thursday, May 31, 2012

Guardian Angels.

The other day I was dropping off baby Darbens back home.
      As I jumped out of the Canter with his bag I set off to cross the crazy road for his house
 but forgot one thing:
             the baby.
  The 2 Haitian workers who were with me yelled at me to come back.
         And laughed profusely
    As did I.
I grabbed Darbens, made it safely across the street, and made my way through the winding dirt path to his home.
  After a quick conversation in Creole with his grandmother, I back tracked to find my ride had left me.
    I was alone as the sun was setting on the main road about 5 miles from home.
 It wouldn't have been a problem if I had money with me as I could take a tap-tap home.
  But, my pockets were empty except for my phone which was of course useless because it had no minutes on it.
       So I began to walk in the direction of my village.
    It's not the safest but I had no other choice.
              After about a mile of walking (and secretly loving my little adventure),
                      a motorbike pulled up with 2 men on it.
        They said my name and asked in Creole where I was going.
   I told them I was going home.
           They offered me a ride, I quickly thought this may be dumb but why not?
      I didn't know the driver, but I recognized the man on the back.
    So with that and them knowing who I was, I decided it was safe.
                    So I jumped on and off we rode.
        They took my right to the mission gate.
                It was a blessing.
      There was no way I was going to make it home before dark (which is dangerous)
 and it was free when I didn't have any money.
                  It was perfect.
             I love the way God always provides!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment