Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Beauty of Community

Jean Fritz. 
     We have a sick baby.
Jean has a fever and is half asleep with little whimpers coming out of him on my lap right now.
    I must say I am quite hot.
          The heat outside and the heat radiating off his little body do not mix well.
  But he is miserable and I feel bad for him so it's worth the 17 pounds of sweat my body is extracting.
I'm learning a lot about parenting, even though Adrian has the majjority of the work.
     It's funny before I left for Haiti, people were asking if I knew how to raise a child
             and of course I said I had no idea.
       But I'm learning fast.
  Fortunately, it's natural instinct for me.
      Praise the Lord for that!


Team.
   My first team left early yesterday morning.
  I must say, they were an awesome team!
         I was truly impressed by their attitude and willingness to do whatever was needed of them.
   I was even more impressed that they were all married with children.
      I love how no matter where you are in life, you can still do missions.
     Both here and there.

Port.
   After dropping the team off at the airport, it was just Adrian, me and 2 of our Haitian workers.
  We had a ridiculous day in Port-au-Prince.
      We had to do some grocery shopping and run a few other errands.
 I won't go into detail of the ridiculousness of it, but let's just say Adrian, Jack, Osmy and I laughed all day.
Oh, also I went into air conditioning for the first time since I got here and it was FREEZING!
      I just wanted to leave and go back to my hot, sweaty mess that waited outside.
  I guess the heat I am feeling right now is what I get for just wanting to leave the air conditioning.
But, we found ice cream!
    That was very exciting!

One of the things I love about living here is the amount of random people we end up helping.
    Like yesterday, on the way home from Port we gave a random lady and her dauhgter a ride.
       And there are always people coming up here with medical problems that we are dealing with.
     We are constantly giving things away. 
  And when we make food planning to feed maybe 4 people, 15 dishes end up dirty.
Lately, we have been helping a prostitute medically and get her 4 year old money for school while preaching the Gospel
You never know what is going to happen when you wake up or who you may get to help or even who may help you.
And that's why I love it here so much.
     Because I think this is how Jesus would live.
   Constantly helping those in need.
       Even if it's holding the hand of a neglected child to show a little bit of love.




Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment