Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Joy Ride...

Today we rode to Port-au-Prince.
    We were running late, so Jack drove fast.
                     Really fast.
          Sitting in the back of the canter is normally nice because of the breeze.
     It's basically an open cage with a bench.
 But 100 mph is not a nice breeze.
      In fact, it whipped the sunglasses off my face and the scarf off my head.
         I have dirt caked on me in places you don't want dirt.
    In my ears.
       Up my nose.
  On my entire face.
My hair is one big knot.
        It's just lovely....

However we made it to the airport right on time.
     Adrian's mom is here to visit for a week!
               I'm so excited for her.
  She's been here for 3 months and misses her family.

The one thing I love about Haiti is you never know what is going to happen next.


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment