Monday, April 13, 2009

The One With the Headless Chicken

I hope you all had a good easter! it is so good to know that the Lord has resurrected!!
We went to church and came home and had a big lunch. i guess some things stay the same from culture to culture. My brother and i went on an easter egg hunt. We found lots of eggs! we even scrambled some later and they were quite tasty.

On Saturday, I killed a chicken and then disected it for the meat. It was quite interesting. My brother now thinks I am more man. haha. i was going to try and post pics on here, but the internet won't let me, perhaps i will try facebook instead.

I really don't have much time to be on here, but I wanted to give y'all a quick update. I had to write a poem for my African Lit class, just so you know i am horrible poet and kinda embarrassed by it but i will post it b/c i want to make it look like i wrote a long update.





I searched, I yearned
Yet here you were
You were waiting with open arms
My blindness hid you from me
Now, I know
Now I clearly see
You are holding my right hand
You are the father of love
Now, I know
Your love has given us free will
My finger slipped but harder you grabbed
You are father of all
Now, I know
My free will desires you most of all
There is nothing I crave besides you
Now, I know
You are the clouds
You are the seas
You are the blades of grass
You are all around me
Now, I know
I see you Jesus, I see you
I feel you in the wind
I hear you in the thunder
I smell you in the flowers
I taste you in the matoke
You are all around me
You are the strength of my heart
Now, I know
Now, I smell
Now, I hear
Now, I see
Now, I taste
Now, I feel
But can others?
Can they hear?
Can they see?
Can they taste?
Can they feel?
Can they smell?
Now, I know
It’s time for them to know too
It’s time for you to grab tight to their right hand
Now, I know
Others hurt
Others cry
Others are losing
Now, I know
I must do something
Your hand has led me this far
Now, I know
It’s time for the hurting to be healed
It’s time for the lost to be found
It’s time for the broken to be restored
And Now, I know
So …
What am I going to do?
What am I going to say?
What will I do for …
The begging man on the corner?
The homeless child searching for food?
The prostitute looking for her next job?
The grumpy cashier at the market?
The school girl asking me for 500?
The boda driver sharing his profound love for me?
Now, I know
Now, I know the truth
How am I going to act?
How will I change my ways?
How will I show them love?
How will I get over my selfishness?
Now, I know
To ignore can be no more
Now, I know
How will they?
How will the lost be found?
Now, I know
Now, it’s time they know.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a poet and didn't know it....but now you know! I see your heart of compassion and conviction to reach others growing by leaps and bounds. Enjoy your remaining time there! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete