Thursday, April 9, 2009

The One With The Lion King

Here I am sitting on the last day of official classes, less than a week before finals and a million papers are due and I have mixed feelings. I want classes to be over, I want to be done with papers and presentations, but once they are done, this means I only have a short time before we leave for Rwanda and then fly back to the states. While the calender tells me I still have about a month here, I know the time will fly by and quite frankly, a month is not long enough. I only have 2 weeks left with my family :(.

Last weekend, I got to go on a safari. All I could think of is the Lion King. We saw lions, and elephants (in fact and elephant charged at our car, luckily we had just started driving away), and water buffalo, and all kinds of other animals. Hippos even camped with us at our camp site. Also, a warthog (which I call Pumba) stuck its nose in our tent. I got to hear a leopard catch its prey-- a lovely sound. There are many strange sounds that animals make, especially late at night.

Sorry this is going to be short. I need to be a good student for the first time this semester and write a paper....


Peace

3 comments:

  1. i'll continue to pray for you & for your last month there too. a SAFARI, wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter! Missed ya....but I know you are having an amazing time there. Tell your African family that your American family is very grateful for the wonderful stay you have had with them. Enjoy your last weeks there.
    So glad you finally got to see lions and all the other critters - hope you have lots of pictures!
    Love ya....Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle,

    I work with your brother Eric, and he told me about you and your work. I just wanted to say that there is nothing on earth that is more beautiful than the soul who models herself after Jesus. I pray for you daily and for your work. God love you!

    Sue Gorski

    Sue

    ReplyDelete