Saturday, July 3, 2010

The One with God of this City.

The other day as I walked through Central Park, a butterfly landed on my arm.
                  It didn't stay too long, but it was enough to excite me.
 I walked to the other side of the park and sat down on a bench to read a book.
            As soon as I opened it, the same looking butterfly landed on the book.
   I didn't even know what to think or do.
              I was far from where it had landed on my arm before.
     I just stared at it in awe until someone walked by and it flew away.
                                  I sat there over an hour.
Throughout the hour, the butterfly would come and land on the book,
     when someone walked by it would fly away until the coast was clear.

It just kept coming back! 
I texted my mutti asking her what it means. 
She thought I should just ask it.
                        Feeling a little silly, I did.
All it did was flap its wing and then it spread them all the way out onto the book staring at me.
It was beautiful
        Sadly, I don't speak butterfly so I have no idea what it means.
I've been praying God will reveal this to me.
He hasn't yet, but as I told my dear friend Candice about this, she told me God will reveal it to me in due time.
                 And I think HE will. I just need to practice patience.

                As I mentioned before, I get on the subway with no place to be.
                       So I ride until I get off and wander around. Pretending to be a local.
                 The other day, I landed near the World Trade Center.
                        As I walked around the site, my stomach felt sad.
                                                    Which is to be expected.
              Sometime while I was there, the song "God of this City" came on my iPod
 At first, I didn't realize the significance of this or the fact that Jesus played it for me.
And honestly, I wasn't paying much attention to the music playing in my ears. 
I was texting, walking, thinking about the evil in the hearts of many people, and looking at a location where thousands of people lost their lives.
My iPod was just background noise. 
                           All the sudden the lyrics,
"Greater things have yet to come and Greater things are still to be done in this city"
sang loudly into my ears, catching my attention, my heart.
I stopped my thoughts, my text, my feet. 
                 I just stood there in awe.
God is in control and He is working among the people.
         Lives are transforming for His glory.
And He's not done working here.
I could ramble on and on about this moment & all the things He shared with me,
but I think it's better I keep that as a tender moment between me and God.


Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you were so attentive and caring to the butterfly. Not many people appreciate such momments as those! Reading your blog just made my heart filled with joy! I have totally been there with the World Trade Center... it is hard to visulize, but it is so true... Greater things have yet to come.

    ReplyDelete