Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The One with Red Dirt.

So this is going to be a quick update due to several factors.
- I updated quite a bit yesterday
- Power and internet seems to be an issue for the past 24 hours.
- I have a class project thing at 4
- and I should be writing a paper that is due tomorrow.

I have some very good news. I got my bag yesterday!!!!! I think my sister was more excited than me, she wanted me to get more clothes. Apparently, you are supposed to change everyday...

Classes are good. Should be interesting. I have already had a class canceled b/c the prof didn't know he was teaching. But that does surprise me b/c it's the way things go here. Someone who is from here gave me a good example: You have work at 9, you show up at 10:30, take an hour for lunch and leave around 3:30 instead of 5. All this without getting fired, in fact the boss is the same.

I have made many new friends, both part of the Uganda Studies Program and natives.

I also got proposed to today. The guy turned around in CHAPEL and asked me to finish my studies and marry him. That was funny. I told him we will have to wait and see what God's plan is. Haha.

I cannot explain how much I love this place. I will post pictures as soon as I take some...

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, my brother was in the Peace Corps twice--before you were born! He was in Lesotho for a year and then Liberia for two years. I'm going to share your blog with him--he'll love the work at 9, but show up at 10:30 stuff! All this should be reassuring to your mom except the marriage proposal. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, well if you get married - i will fly over for the ceremony okay? ;)

    ReplyDelete